7 Secrets to a business that feeds your soul and your bank account
It’s taken me a while since I first became an entrepreneur to fine-tune my business to be able to create the lifestyle, income and freedom that I’ve always craved.
For many years I worked really hard, long hours and eventually exhausted myself trying to do it all. It’s not sustainable and my soul was literally crying! I wanted freedom. I wanted to have a life, to travel, to spend more time with my family, to not be chained to my business at all times.
Finally after several businesses and many years of doing things the “hard way”, I’ve come to a place where my life and business are nurturing both my soul and my bank account.
Being a single mom I’ve had to learn how to juggle it all. That means, I don’t have a ton of hours in the week that I work, yet I need to make money for my family and I want a super-delicious lifestyle that feeds my soul where I get to have plenty of time to do things I love, such as traveling the world.
Here are 7 steps to creating a business that will feed your soul and your bank account.
- Have the right business model that will allow you to have what you want, and one that you can leverage. I see so many business owners who say they want one thing, but then you look deeper into how their business is set up, and it’s apparent that unless they change how they do business, they will never get what they want. You need to be really clear on what you want first, then create a business that fits into that vision. So, if you want to make $200K per year working 20 hours per week, the math needs to add up! How are you going to leverage those 20 hours? What are you selling and to what price, and how long will it take to deliver the service and/or product? There are many ways to leverage, but you need to make sure you do it in a way that works for you. For example, if you’re a coach or a healer, you could work with your clients 1:1, do group programs, intensives, retreats or you could create trainings that you sell where you don’t have to do any work after they purchase, basically create passive income. But the bottom line is, what do you love to do? What’s in your zone of genius, and what’s going to give you the lifestyle you really want? Create your model around that.
- Simplify & automate. I see so many business owners who are working much harder than they need to because they think they have to do everything. Facebook lives every day, posting to social media, going to networking meetings and speaking engagements and running all over the place. It doesn’t have to be so hard! Get really good at one strategy for attracting new leads, and stick to it. Even better; automate it. This frees up a lot of time to do other things in your business, or to not work at all.
- Work on your mindset. You will always get what you believe you get. So, why not change your beliefs to make it easier? Growing up watching my mom work herself to death I took on the belief that you have to work hard to make money. And I collapsed as a result of working too hard. Making money doesn’t have to be hard. It’s really 95% mindset. Decide it can be easy and work on changing any beliefs that are disempowering to you. For example, if you think it’s not possible to work less and make more, then you won’t!
- Make money your friend. What you think and believe about money has the potential to either make or break your business. If you have disempowering beliefs about money, you will manifest exactly what you believe. For example, if you believe that money is hard to come by, that will be your reality. Remember, these beliefs are often subconscious and were created in your mind when you were a little child, often before you were 7 years old. You may not even know what these beliefs are, because they were likely handed down to you from your parents yet they run on autopilot and create your financial reality via your subconscious mind. If your financial situation is not where you want to be and if money feels stressful for you, make sure you work on your money beliefs! Here’s a free training I created for you.
- Own your worth. One of the biggest reasons I see people work too hard is because they don’t own their value. They over-give and under-charge. They may also have poor boundaries around time. This often stems from a deep rooted belief that they are not worthy of having what they want, be that more time, more money or a better lifestyle. These beliefs are often not conscious, they are hidden deep in the subconscious mind. Changing these beliefs are the key to creating more freedom in your business.
- Have the courage to face your fears: You’re not going to be able to create what you want without having the courage to make the changes you need to make to get there. If you are unwilling to take risks, to let go of beliefs that are not serving you or work on yourself, most likely you’ll be stuck in the hamster-wheel. Resisting change can be a sure way to stay stuck. The way to break through is to face your fears.
- Invest in yourself: You are your own biggest asset. The more you invest in your own growth the more likely your business will grow with you. Getting in your own way is usually what holds most people back from having what they want, but often, because you’re so close to yourself, you cannot see your own blind spots, and as a result you cannot change what’s holding us back. Investing in working with a coach who can help you see what you can’t is the best and fastest way I’ve found to help you catapult results. Plus, why reinvent the wheel when you can learn from those who have already figured it out?
Want some help creating a business that feeds both your soul and your bank account? Feel free to schedule a complimentary session with me here. Let’s talk about what’s possible for you and how to create a business that works on your terms and gives you the lifestyle you crave.
I believe that the foundation for wealth is inner peace and that success should never sacrifice your health and well being.
Work With Me
Are you ready to step into Success-soul® living?
Success-soul® Living Starter Kit Create a business that feeds your soul & your bank account
- Get the clarity you need and the tools to get started - whether you are brand new or want to take your business to the next level
- Powerful meditation to help you manifest your dreams
- Clear inner blockages and fears that are holding you back from confidently stepping into your passion & purpose
Success-soul® Living Starter Kit Step into your ideal lifestyle business & live your wildest dreams.
Get the clarity you need and the tools to get started.