Feel your pain to feel less pain
Everyone seems to be looking for the magic pill these days, not as many people are aware of how much processing their emotional pain will transform their life.
The pill business is big business: “Just take this and all your problems will go away.” Tabloids are talking about the latest dose of magic you can swallow in a pill. Take this and your pain will go away.
While I’m a big fan of using supplements for health, when it comes to removing your pain, if you refuse to look underneath the “hood” and processing your emotional pain, the pain is likely going to stay with you.
Taking a pill is usually just a way to cover up and avoid the actual problem – of not being willing to look at the root of why something is happening in the first place and not being willing to process the emotional pain that is at the root.
The key to solving any problem is to get to the root. Sure you can keep putting band aids on but you know very well that you are just extending the problem or saving it for later, because the band aid is going to fall off and when it does, you will need to look at the wound underneath.
In fact, the wound will be there the entire time, you just covered it up!
Trying to avoid pain is like keeping the thorn in your foot even though it hurts every step you take because you’re afraid of the pain it will take to remove it. You’re okay with feeling some pain every day so you don’t have to face bigger pain of dealing with the problem and processing your emotions. So you accept some discomfort or pain every day to avoid dealing with the real thing that is causing real the pain in the first place.
Are there areas in your life where you’re putting on band-aids instead of dealing with the real problem? For example:
- You’re afraid of taking the next step in your business, so in order to avoid doing what you fear, you play small and feel the pain of not stepping into your power every day. Maybe you even complain that your business isn’t doing as well as you’d like it to or have all kinds of excuses for not doing what you know you need to do.
- You work all the time or stay busy in order to hide the pain that lurks underneath. If you stopped to feel into how you really feel, it may be too painful for you to deal with it, so you don’t. It’s easier to pretend the problem doesn’t exist than it is to face the pain and heal it.
- You use addictions to mask your pain, so you don’t have to feel your emotions. When you’re sad, you eat or drink instead of actually feeling into the reason you feel so sad and process your emotions.
- You say you don’t know what to do next, because you know if you REALLY admitted that you knew, you would have to deal with all the skeletons in your closet and make some changes you might feel unprepared for. It’s easier to say you’re confused and that you don’t know what to do than to deal with what you know deep down needs to be done.
- You keep changing strategies in your business thinking it will work better if you just tweak this or that, when what you really need to do is work on your mindset and who you are being.
I have definitely been guilty of this in the past and it was what caused me to have a complete melt down and crisis in my life several years ago, at which point I couldn’t ignore what was going on any longer. I got sick, depressed and had lost completely touch with who I was.
If you sweep your problems under the rug, they don’t go away. When you need to deal with them – which will be at some point – it will be a lot harder to handle it than if you were to just feel your emotions and let them out in the moment.
The key to processing emotional pain is to…
Cry when you’re sad
Release your anger (in a healthy way) when you’re angry and forgive those you need to forgive, including yourself
Speak up when you feel wronged
Feel into the fear and learn to understand it better
Feel into the pain that you’re feeling instead of pushing it away into your subconscious mind.
As you feel it, the emotions will move out and through you.
If your emotional pain is not processed, it is stored in your body until you release it.
As per Dr. Vasant Lad in Ayurvedic medicine, any thought, feeling or emotion should be processed into an intelligence, and that which is not processed is crystallized and stored in the connective tissues. In other words, if your pain is not processed it is stored in your body until you release it. (If you want to learn more about this, read more here about how unexpressed emotions never die).
This is a main reason a lot of people are not able to manifest what they want, because these unprocessed thoughts, feelings and emotions get stuck and create blockages. Read about why you you fail to manifest what you want here to learn more.
If you’re not processing your emotions now, they will become energetic blocks in your energy field that prevent you from manifesting your dreams now or in the future.
So let me ask you, is there anything you are not willing to deal with? What challenges are you facing right now that may be a direct result of you not being willing to deal with something at the core? Which feelings are you afraid of feeling and why? Feel free to share below.
Often it can be hard to process suppressed emotions, simply because they are suppressed. They are hidden deep within your energy field, and you consciously don’t know it’s there, even though it effects your energy at all times.
If you have a hard time creating the life and business your heart desires, it’s likely because you have energetic blockages in your system that is preventing you from creating it.
Want to start releasing some of these blocks right now?
I invite you to get a free copy of my Success-soul® Living Starter Kit. You will receive a powerful Healing Activation to help you release suppressed emotions and inner blockages as well as a Visualization Meditation to help you manifest your wildest dreams. You’ll also receive a workbook to help you get super clear on your vision and next steps to creating your most yummy business and lifestyle. Just click here for instant access.
I believe that the foundation for wealth is inner peace and that success should never sacrifice your health and well being.
Work With Me
Are you ready to step into Success-soul® living?
Success-soul® Living Starter Kit Create a business that feeds your soul & your bank account
- Get the clarity you need and the tools to get started - whether you are brand new or want to take your business to the next level
- Powerful meditation to help you manifest your dreams
- Clear inner blockages and fears that are holding you back from confidently stepping into your passion & purpose
Success-soul® Living Starter Kit Step into your ideal lifestyle business & live your wildest dreams.
Get the clarity you need and the tools to get started.